Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thailand is an amazing country. Despite the influx of tourism, the Thai people have done well to maintain their culture and traditions. The food is exceptional, the islands are gorgeous and the jungles are spruce. It is well trotted so getting around is easy and generally comfortable. It meets many demands as it suitable for the holiday-resort types as well as the thrill seekers. I was on the islands for Christmas 2007 and New Years 2008. After a few weeks of beach life, I made my way north to trek the jungle near Changmai. At times, the ease in which you can travel almost distracts from the overall feel of traveling. In the event that I return to Thailand, I would attempt to avoid the "tourist trail" and instead try to do things more locally. Having said that, I learned a valuable lesson from my time there and in my travels that supersede, became mindful to adopt a local standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment